President Jonathan Takes Campaign To Ibadan

However, too many eye brows were raised after the president’s visit as during the campaign, President Jonathan lambasted some former National Democratic Coalition leaders in the
South-West, referring to them as hypocrites.

Challenging the South-West leaders to justify their leadership style and love for the people, President jonathan said,
I did say that the South-West reminds one of the days of the National Democratic Coalition. But I am convinced that some of the NADECO actors are hypocrites, because they cannot justify what they are doing today. The South-West believes in human rights and social justice. No south-westerner will pray that someone who does not go through proper trial will be jailed for 300 years and above. If they are not hypocrites, they couldn’t be doing what they are doing today, but I don’t want to go into that now. If they are not hypocrites, they will not be talking about not empowering women.
“Without education, you cannot change people. If I did not go to school, I will not be where I am today. Every Nigerian child must have the Goodluck opportunity; that is why we are building out-of-school children secondary schools and Almajiris schools in some parts of Nigeria. I will not build prison for you but I will build schools for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

About

Translate

Flag Counter

Follow us on Facebook

Blogroll