Juan Mata disappointed with Man Utd’s unfair Southampton's defeat


Juan Mata insists Manchester United were unlucky to lose 1-0 to Southampton at St Mary’s.

Saints substitute Dusan Tadic scored a 69th-minute winner at Old Trafford as the Red Devils failed to register a single shot on target.
I tried every possible way until the end, but we just couldn’t make it
Juan Mata
Although Louis van Gaal’s side did enjoy 60 per cent of the possession, United couldn’t find a way past Southampton’s dogged rearguard.
And Red Devils play-maker Mata was particularly disappointed with the manner of the loss, ending United’s recent unbeaten run.
“To be honest, I don’t think we deserved to lose against Southampton. They scored after the break in one of the few chances they had, after a ball that rebounded on the post, and then we tried everything to tie the game. I think we deserved that goal,” Mata wrote on his blog.
Stoke City v Manchester United - Premier League : News Photo“In the last 20 minutes we had chances. I had three myself, but yesterday it seemed the ball just didn’t want to go in. It would’ve been very important to make some of them because I believe we could have even won.
“I tried every possible way until the end, but we just couldn’t make it. Next time it will be a different story, I’m sure.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger templates

About

Translate

Flag Counter

Follow us on Facebook

Blogroll